Tuesday, March 27, 2012

San Angel Inn: Restaurant Review

Name: San Angel Inn
Location: Epcot, in the World Showcase, Mexico Pavilion
Cuisine:  Mexican
Type: Table Service
Good for Those Who: Like Mexican food; wish they could just live in the Mexican Pavilion because it is just awesome and beautiful and smells good. That is, people like me. Which is prolly no one...
Price Range: According to Disney's pricing system, this is a $$, which means everything is in the $15 to $35.99 range. Entrees at lunch run about $18 per person, while dinner runs about $25.
Times: Serves lunch and dinner
Reservations: I recommend you have one (they can be made on the WDW website), particularly for dinner. If you want to do an early lunch (like 11 a.m.) you may be able to get a table without one. This might be possible at other times too, but expect a wait.


My recommendation: The Pollo a las Rajas. Chicken with rice, peppers and onions in a nice cream sauce. I've gotten it everytime I've gone. I can't bring myself to ever order anything else because I'm afarid I wouldn't like it as much! Just the right amount of spice. The chicken is always tender. Mmmm.
Healthier Option: Hmm, at lunch, how about the Ensalada Mexicana? Salad is usually a safe bet; and you can get this one with chicken or shrimp. For dinner, maybe the Mahi Mahi? Its fish, and comes with a lot of veggies.

The San Angel Inn is probably my favorite World Showcase restaurant (well, besides Oktoberfest, but that's a different story), which is really saying something. The atmosphere is really great, that whole building is just so gorgeous. Plus, you get to see the boats floating by from the Gran Fiesta Tour ride, which I love. Definitely a great place for a romantic dinner.

xoxo, Lily

*Note: Food prices and menu options are subject to change at any time, so I can't guarantee my information will always be accurate.

**Also, the "healthier options" I give are simply based on my knowledge of healthy eating and nutrition. I am not a doctor! For specific information regarding calories and such, I suggest contacting the individual restaurants via the Disney World website.

No comments:

Post a Comment