Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Great Movie Ride: Ride Review

Name: The Great Movie Ride
Type: Slow-Moving Tour
Location: Hollywood Studios, in the Hollywood Boulevard Area
The Gist:  A "magical journey into the movies", this slow-moving narrated ride takes you through recreated scenes from some famous films.
A Must-Do For: I would say anyone, really. It is a very cool ride, and I feel like it is one of the signiture attractions at this park. No other ride is so devoted to the movie-making theme as this one.
Avoid If: I don't think there is really a reason to avoid it. Everybody has to like at least one  of the movies they feature here.
Fear Factor: 2/10This is a very tame ride, however, there are a few moments with loud noises (a shootout scene) and in the part of the ride dedicated to "Alien", one of those creepy creatures pops out from above your head. Bottom line, although most of the ride isn't scary at all, there are a few moments that small children will not like. I remember my sister used to cry at the alien part, but she was a mega crybaby anyway!

Lines and Other Tips: Usually waits for this are not too bad. If you happen to catch it at a 40 minute-line time, I suggest coming back later as it will probably be better. Keep in mind, there are no Fastpasses for this ride.
Some of the Movies Featured: This ride takes you through scenes from Mary Poppins, The Public Enemy, Alien, Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Mummy (the old one), Tarzan (the old one), Casablanca, The Wizard of Oz, and some others that I'm forgetting now.
Fun Fact: The outside of the ride is designed to look like Grauman's Chinese theatre in L.A.. I actually saw the real theater on tv the other day, and for a split second, I was like, "Look, the Great Movie Ride!". Lol.

Overall, the Great Movie Ride is one of my Hollywood Studios favorites. It's just a classic. I can't go to this park without riding it at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment