Thursday, March 29, 2012

Biergarten: Restaurant Review

Name: Biergarten Restaurant
Location: Epcot, in the World Showcase German Pavilion
Cuisine: German
Type: Buffet (ALL YOU CAN EAT!!!).
Good For Those Who: Like buffets; want to gain 10 pounds; like beer
Avoid If: You are on a diet that you wouldn't want to blow, you don't like sausages or potatoes, you want a relaxing dining experience. Also note that they seat you at communal tables with other guests, so if this would bother you... then go someplace else.
Price Range: Since this is a buffet, there is a set price per person. This is, of course, subject to change, but the sample menu lists $21.99 per person for lunch, and $32.99 per person for dinner. Drinks are separate costs, obvs.

Times: Lunch from 12:00pm to 3:10 pm; dinner from 4:00 to 9:00 pm.
Reservations: They can be made on the WDW website, and for this place, I recommend you have them. It always seems to be pretty busy in there, can't imagine why!
My Buffet Faves:  The sausages are honestly wonderful. So is the macaroni and cheese, and all of the potato dishes. And the rolls that are made from pretzels. And the Bavarian cheesecake, which is different from any other cheesecake I've had. But everything here is good.

I'm not even going to list healthier picks, because, if you want healthy, then just don't go here. Simple as that.

This is legitly my favorite World Showcase eatery. I just love it. The food is good, the atmosphere is festive (especially at Christmas time!). They have a show with these adorable German guys in lederhosen who go out onstage and play polka music. And, it is all you can eat! German food!!!

Because you will want to eat as much as you possibly can here, I have some tips.

1-Don't eat much of anything the day before you go. Have some carrot sticks or something if you must. Just save plenty of room! This is not the place to go for a light bite.

2-Your first time around the buffet, get little bits of everything you want to try. This will let you taste more stuff. And if you really like something, you can always go back and get more!

3-Go slow. Take your time on this meal. Sit back and enjoy the atmosphere as you eat, and don't rush.

4-Don't guilt yourself. Coming here will be a big calorie splurge, for sure, but if you eat healthy the rest of your trip, you will be ok. Especially since going to Disney inherintly involves a ton of walking-you'll burn it off! Well, at least that's my logic...

And for god's sake, don't do what I did the first time I went. I started at the beginning of the buffet line, where they have salad and such. I was all like, "Oh, hey, let me get some salad so I can have some greens in my meal!". By the end of the line, I was like "Why the f-ck did I do that?". You couldn't even see my lettuce; it was covered up by potato dumplings. Bottom line? You can get salad anywhere. Don't waste precious room in your stomach!

This place may be expensive, but it is soooo worth the cost.

xoxo, Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment