Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Columbia Harbour House: Restaurant Review

Name:  Columbia Harbour House
Location: Magic Kingdom, in Liberty Square
Cuisine: American
Type: Counter Service
Good For Those Who: Are in the mood for fish; love fried foods
Price Range: According to Disney's pricing system, this is a $ (one-dollar sign), which means everything is less than $14.99. Entrees here run about $8 or $9 per person.
Times: Lunch and Dinner


Reservations: This is a quickservice place, so none are taken. To avoid lunch crowds, I recommend eating before noon or after 2 pm.
My recommendation: Well, I always like the chicken nuggets. Props to Disney for using REAL chicken instead of the mushed-up process stuff (hear that, McDonals??).
Healthier Option: Although the smell of fried fish and fried chicken and fried potatoes wafts out the door of this place, they actually have a decent number of healthier selections. Try the Lighthouse sandwhich (vegetarian), which features hummus and veggies on whole grain bread, or the grilled salmon, served with couscous and steamed broccoli, or one of the salad selections. Also, you can replace the standard fries from any entree with steamed broccoli, as well (I usually do this when I don't want both parts of my meal to be fried, lol).

Everytime I went to the Magic Kingdom growing up, we ate at the Harbour House, so it kind of has sentimental value to me. But the food is good, reasonably priced (well, for Disney, anyway), they have a lot of indoor seating, and it is conveniently located across from the Haunted Mansion. Win-win-win-win.

xoxo, Lily

*Note: Food prices and menu options are subject to change at any time, so I can't guarantee my information will always be accurate.

**Also, the "healthier options" I give are simply based on my knowledge of healthy eating and nutrition. I am not a doctor! For specific information regarding calories and such, I suggest contacting the individual restaurants via the Disney World website.

No comments:

Post a Comment