Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano: Restaurant Review

Name: Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano
Location: Hollywood Studios, in the Backlot Area
Cuisine: Uh... Italian...
Type: Table Service
Good For Those Who: Are at Hollywood Studios and want Italian food. This is really your only option for that.
Price Range: According to Disney's pricing system, this restaurant is in the $$ range, which is $15 to $35.99 per person. The entree prices here vary somewhat greatly, but the average is around $20 each.
Times: Serves lunch and dinner


Reservations: I would recommend them if you want to guarantee yourself a table (make one online, at the WDW website). You probably could get in as a walk in, if you were willing to wait a bit, or go at an off time, such as a very early lunch or that time in between standard lunch and dinner hours.
My recommendation: Truth be told, I have only been here once. I got the chicken campenelle, which is basically chicken over pasta with vegetables in a cream sauce (a.k.a., my personal dream dish). If I went back, I'd get it again, definitely, so I suppose this is my recommendation:)
Healthier Option: Well, this is an Italian restaurant, so its not exactly low-carb. I would say, try the Piccata di Pesce, sauteed fish, which at least comes with whole wheat pasta. Or the Pork Milanese, which I think is like the one thing on the menu that doesn't come with pasta (It comes with potatoes. Choose your carbs wisely).

I really enjoyed this place, and I must change the fact that I have only eaten here once. The atmosphere is also nice and cozy, and the whole place just generally smells like garlic which is always a plus in my book.

xoxo, Lily.

*Note: Food prices and menu options are subject to change at any time, so I can't guarantee my information will always be accurate.

**Also, the "healthier options" I give are simply based on my knowledge of healthy eating and nutrition. I am not a doctor! For specific information regarding calories and such, I suggest contacting the individual restaurants via the Disney World website.

No comments:

Post a Comment