Monday, April 2, 2012

Via Napoli: Restaurant Review

Name: Via Napoli
Location: Epcot, in the World Showcase Italy Pavilion
Cuisine: Italian
Type: Table-Service
Good For Those Who: Want the most authentic Italian pizza you can get without actually going to Italy
Price Range: This restaurant falls into the $$ range, which is between $15 and $35.99 per person. The entrees here ran around $18 for individual pizzas and $20 or so for other dishes.
Times: Lunch served 11:30am to 3:15pm; dinner from 4:30pm to 9:00pm
Reservations: I would make them if you want to guarantee yourself a table. Probably going to be difficult otherwise. You can make reservations online on the WDW website.

My Recommendation: You really just should try the pizza. I got the Margherita (the kind with the basil), which was excellent, but I have a feeling they are all wonderful. They use water from some special well, they use handmade fresh  mozerella, they cook them in these giant creepy ovens named after volcanoes, they import their own fucking flour. From Italy! It is their specialty here, and although they have other choices, you just really can't go wrong with the pizza.
Healthier Option: Well... they have salads, but why would you...?

I went to this place for the first time the Saturday night (it was Gabriel and I's anniversary) Oh my lord, was it good. And the portions were completely adequate and filling. More than worth the price. I can't even tell you how special this pizza is. If you have never had authentic Italian style pie before, let me just say that it is different than any other kind you have ever tried. The only place I have ever been that was along these lines was the famed Lombardi's in New York City (which was much more like Italian pizza than the standard "New York" style you find on the streets there).




No comments:

Post a Comment