Sunday, April 1, 2012

Restaurant Marrakesh: Restaurant Review

Name: Restaurant Marrakesh
Location: Epcot, in the World Showcase Moroccan Pavilion
Cuisine: Moroccan, obvs.
Type: Table Service
Good For Those Who: Like Bellydancers, want ethnic food a that's a little less obvious than like, Chinese
Price Range: Disney lists this in their $$ range, which is between $15 and $35.99. Entrees here run around $18 each at lunch and $25 for dinner.
Times: Lunch from 11:30am to 3:15am; dinner from 3:30pm to 9:00pm
Reservations: Recommended if you want to guarantee a table without a long wait. However, the one time I was here, we went for an early lunch, and there was barely anyone else in the whole place, so if you want to walk in, you may be able to do that if you go closer to 11:30.

My Recommendation: Well, I have trouble with recommendations here, since I have only been once. I got the chicken couscous, which was good... but, if I went back, I wouldn't order it again. Let's put it that way.
Healthier Option: The salmon seems super guilt-free, but honestly, most things on this menu are pretty healthy, I think.

The atmosphere of this restaurant and the musicians/bellydancers make for a very different experience. I liked it a lot, even though I wouldn't call it my favorite World Showcase restaurant. Usually, though, when I am jonesing for Moroccan cuisine, I go to the quick-service Tangierine Cafe next door. The food is much cheaper, but they still give you good portions. Plus, the cafe has falafel (I'm a falafel fan, btdubs), whereas the restaurant does not. It just depends on your preferences, though!

xoxo, Lily


*Note: Food prices and menu options are subject to change at any time, so I can't guarantee my information will always be accurate.

**Also, the "healthier options" I give are simply based on my knowledge of healthy eating and nutrition. I am not a doctor! For specific information regarding calories and such, I suggest contacting the individual restaurants via the Disney World website.


No comments:

Post a Comment