Friday, July 6, 2012

Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater: Restaurant Review

Name: Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
Location: Hollywood Studios, in the Backlot Area
Cuisine: American, sandwiches, burgers & such
Type: Table Service
Good For Those: Who like old, terrible science fiction movies from the 50's and 60's; miss drive-in movie theaters
Price Range: Listed in the $$ Range, which means $15 to $35.99 per person. Most things here are on the lower end of that range, some are even less than $15. Lunch and dinner prices are about the same.
Times: Lunch is 11:00am to 3:55pm, dinner is from 4:00pm to 9:00pm.
Reservations: I strongly recommend them. Seating is pretty limited in this place, especially if you have a larger party. Make one in advance if you can; reservations can be made at the WDW official website.
My Recommendation: I've only been here once, and I had the veggie burger with sweet potato fries, which was good, if you are into that sort of thing. If I go again, I will probably try something different, though. The milkshakes, however, are definitely worth trying.
Healthier Option: Said veggie burger is pretty good, I'd say. They also have a salad and some tofu dish if that is more your thing.

This is a very fun place to eat- the atmosphere is one of the most unique at Hollywood Studios. If you are a fan of old, cheesy horror flicks, you must go here.

Basically, what they do is seat you in  booths that look like old-school convertible cars (most only seat 4, which is why I think it is more difficult for larger parties to get a spot), all facing a big movie screen, on which they play trailers and clips of these old movies (they have them on a continuing loop lasting about an hour- around the time it would take for a party to finish a meal without sitting through a bunch of repeats).

An example:

They just don't make'm like they used to.

xoxo, Lily


*Note: Food prices and menu options are subject to change at any time, so I can't guarantee my information will always be accurate.

**Also, the "healthier options" I give are simply based on my knowledge of healthy eating and nutrition. I am not a doctor! For specific information regarding calories and such, I suggest contacting the individual restaurants via the Disney World website.

No comments:

Post a Comment