Friday, July 6, 2012

Kusafiri Coffee Shop: Snack Review

Name: Kusafiri Coffee Shop
Location: Animal Kingdom, in the Africa area
Cusine: Pastries, coffee, snacks, etc.
Type: Quick-Service counter
Good For Those: Looking for coffee or a sweet treat in the park
Price Range: In the $ range, which is $14.99 or less. Items here are usually $5 or less, though.
Times: Usually open during all park hours
Reservations: This is counter service, so no.
My Recommendation: The "African" donuts.
Healthier Option: Here, probably none. All they carry is sweets. There is a stand across the way that sells fresh fruit if you'd rather.

I had never ordered anything from here before, until last time I was at the park, two or three weeks ago. Before, all the really had was standard stuff like cinnamon rolls and probably-stale danishes, and I was never too interested. They didn't have anything unique or special, which is what I prefer to get.

But last time, they had a sign up : "New Item- African Donuts". And we were like, well obviously  we have to try. I mean, I don't know how authentic donuts are in Africa, but they were something a little different. Basically like balls of not very sweet (which for me, is a good thing) dough fried and smothered with powdered sugar. Not too bad. A good choice if you can't bring yourself to order a boring old cinnamon roll.

xoxo, Lily


*Note: Food prices and menu options are subject to change at any time, so I can't guarantee my information will always be accurate.

**Also, the "healthier options" I give are simply based on my knowledge of healthy eating and nutrition. I am not a doctor! For specific information regarding calories and such, I suggest contacting the individual restaurants via the Disney World website.

No comments:

Post a Comment