Friday, June 8, 2012

Prince Charming Regal Carrousel: Ride Review

Name: Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
Type: Ride, Carrousel, Merry-Go-Round
Location: The Magic Kingdom, in Fantasyland
The Gist: A Cinderella-themed carousel.
A Must-Do For: Kids, I guess. Can't see adults getting to much out of it; it's just a merry-go-round. Unless you are an adult who likes reliving their childhood, of course;)




Avoid If: No real reason to, unless you just have better things to do in the park. In that case, skip it.
Fear Factor: 0/10. I mean, it's a fucking carousel.
Lines/Other Tips: Umm, the line usually isn't too bad for this one. You will typically have to wait just a few minutes for the current cycle to finish.
Two Things I Learned While Writing This Article: 1- "Carrousel" and "carousel" are both correct spellings for the same word, although Disney uses the double r one on their official website. And for some reason, Google Chrome's spellcheck doesn't recognize that one as being a real word, even though I looked it up and it totally is... and 2- this carrousel (carousel??) is actually an antique; it was made in 1917 and was in like Jersey or some shit before the imagineers refurbished it, gave it a princess theme, and put it here. Cool beans.

Ok, guys... confession. I used to be so legitly terrified of carousels (carrousels??) when I was younger. Like, I was ok with the spinning, but when they horses started moving up... I don't know, I'd just freak. Usually, I'd end up sitting on one of the benches intended for the handicapped children, my sister laughing at me from atop a huge white stallion. Recently, (I won't even tell you how recently, it is embarrassing) my boyfriend made me get over my old fears, and now, I rather like the old car-screw it, I'll just go with merry-go-round. Still, though, it isn't exactly a must do at the Magic Kingdom, but I guess it is a good option for when everything else is too busy.

xoxo, Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment